Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tough

You have to stay on your toes when you have an older brother. You never know when a light saber may come swinging by your head or an unexpected pillow fight might break out. You may be pleasantly reading a book when all of a sudden you are being tickled/tackled by your older brother. Or you might be enjoying a tricycle ride when your brother suddenly initiates a "bumper bikes" game. What should you do? Cry and whine? Well, depending on your mood, yes. But if you are feeling good, then the logical reaction is to join in! Accept his rough play invitation and show him you're TOUGH! 

Eddie and Sophia have come up with many "rough" games they can play together where no one gets hurt. Due to all the practice she gets, Sophia can sword fight, pillow fight, tickle fight, wrestle, and play bumper bikes with the best of them. She loves to keep up with her brother. One time while playing a game with Eddie, I thought she might have gotten hurt, but when I asked her about it she said, "I'm ok, Mommy. I'm TOUGH," and she sort of growled and flexed her muscles after saying it! Later, I found out her Daddy had taught her that little display, but there is no doubt, Sophia prides herself in being tough. She knows being tough means she can play fun games with her brother. The laughs and giggles are unending while they play their "rough" games together. Now, the only challenge is getting Sophia to realize that this kind of play is not suitable for her friends, especially ones that are smaller than she is (Abby and Cameron, I know you hear me!) We will get that all sorted out.

Please excuse Sophia's attire in these pictures. At the beginning of the game both kids were fully clothed and somehow at the point where I grabbed the camera, Sophia's clothes came off. But I didn't want to interrupt the game because they were having a blast! 

Oh look, a balloon!

Ahhh! Now brother has a balloon and is chasing me!

You have to catch me first!

A snapshot of their death-defying game, "jump-off-the-playset-onto-the-couch"

Sophia is "thrown" to the couch into a pile of giggles

Eddie's "tickle fingers"

Got her!


love this one... Eddie hid behind the wall and scared her as she ran by

one last tickle

reading break!

2 comments:

Michele said...

What fun!!

Tbanks for letting me be a fly on the wall to watch. They are adorable and I love them so much!

Love you and Ed, too; keep up the great work with my grandkids!

Christiana said...

I love my beautiful tough girl. She is so smashingly fantastic.

[Her brother's pretty all right too.]

So I think my favorite shot (and caption) is the reading break - you're the most awesomest Mom ever.

I love you all.