Monday, May 3, 2010

Still Captivated

Even after 4 years, my little guy still loves ladybugs. When Eddie was two, anytime he would find a ladybug, he would play with it for as long as it would keep moving. He used to bring it into the house and put it into his toy cars so it could "drive." He would lay on the floor and just watch it walk. I always loved how mesmerized he was with them.

Well, now my big boy in Kindergarten and we hadn't taken any walks to look for ladybugs this Spring, but Sophia found one at the playground and graciously gave it to Eddie. I didn't really think much of it. We were talking, playing, and walking to Mandy's house. When we got there, Eddie brought the ladybug into Mandy's house and just plopped down on the floor and started watching it walk. I was talking with Mandy when I looked over at him and all the memories flooded back to me of my baby boy in the exact same position, doing the exact same thing. I said out loud that I wished I had my camera and Mandy loyally jumped up, grabbed her camera and started taking pictures. So, thanks to her, I have pictures of my big-little boy and his ladybug.











2 comments:

Elle said...

how fun! Such a cutie!
But the real reason I'm leaving a comment is to say that Nathan that surfboard shirt too. That totally caught my eye :D

Christiana said...

I love that little face.

So, so much.