It seems like such a short time ago I was preparing myself for Eddie to start Kindergarten! Spending seven hours away from him each day seemed unimaginable. I have to admit it was just as hard as I thought it would be. He started out not really understanding how long seven hours would be to spend on his own each day, but after a couple of days he decided it was WAY too long. He would protest going to school every chance he could. The night before and each morning there would be tears and he would come up with every imaginable reason of why he could not go to school that day. He even came up with the idea of staying home and having me "be his teacher" all on his own (not knowing that not only did the concept of home-schooling already exist, it was actually an option that I heavily considered)! In the beginning of the year, when I would drop him off at school he would stand there, teary-eyed, and wave to me until I was out of sight, and beg me to come pick him up early. But by the end of the year, it was an easy, "Bye, Mom!" as he would run off to join his friends walking into school. For the most part, Eddie's Kindergarten year was a success! He learned so many great skills and concepts, gained some independence, and made tons of new friends. I am so proud of my sweet boy and I am VERY excited for our summer together!!

Oh, this face!! I will always remember this look he gave me when it was time for me to leave him on the first day of school. He was so unsure of what to expect and he knew it would be a long time before he saw me. Breaks my heart!

About a month ago, I sent this note in his lunch...

That evening when I opened his lunch bag to pack it for the next day, I found the note still in his bag, but this was written on the other side. Precious!

I was a chaperone on Eddie's class field trip to the zoo. It was such a fun day!

Ashton and Jordan are two of Eddie's best friends from his class. Ashton and Eddie have the same exact birthday, both were born in So. Cal, both moms are named Jen and were born and raised in So. Cal!

Eddie's other two buddies from his class, Carter and Caleb. This was the Kindergarten end-of-the-year party!

Graduation day

Waiting for his name and awards to be announced

This is Eddie with the school principal after "graduating."
Eddie was given 3 awards for completing Kindergarten, participating in the Kingdom Tales program where he wrote, illustrated, and "published" his own book, and becoming a member of the Six Flags Reading Club for reading more than 6 hours. Yay, Eddie!
3 comments:
Congratulations, Eddie! Hope you both have a great summer. :)
Way to go, Eddie! Your Grandma Michele and Grandpa Steve are so very proud of you and all your hard work! We can't wait to see and play with you in just a couple of weeks. Enjoy your summer!
Love, Grandma
Congratulations, Eddie Bear!!
I'm so proud of you! You worked so hard and did such a good job in Kindergarten.
You've earned yourself a fantastic summer - which I know your Mom (and Sophia) plan to have with you!!
Much Love,
Aunt Christi
Post a Comment