Wednesday, June 2, 2010
S-O-P-H-I-A
This past week, Sophia became determined to write her name! You may remember Sophia's stubborn streak that I have mentioned before. If not, here are a few refreshers: as a baby, if I tried to show her how a toy worked she would drop it and lose all interest in it, as a toddler she would turn the page of the book we were reading whenever she felt ready to, whether or not I read all the words on the page, and at 2 1/2 she decided to give up naps, never to return again. So, in true Sophia form, all the times in the past when I suggested we practice writing her name she let me know, in no uncertain terms, that she was not interested. For some reason (which only she knows), this time was different! She really liked using the white board and dry erase markers and will literally sit and write her name over and over for an hour at a time! She asks me to write her name in dotted lines for her to trace and then she does several on her own. She has been able to do "s's" and "o's" for awhile, but the "p-h-i-a" is new to her. I am so proud of her and so happy that SHE decided to try it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She is too cute.
And so smart!
But I have no idea where that stubborn streak came from...
;)
What a big girl! Great job, Sophia. Grandma is very, very proud of you! Keep up the good work. Maybe you can write your name for Grandpa and me when you come to visit!
Love you, Sweetie!
Post a Comment