Lately I have only been posting pictures to document what we have been up to, but I haven't taken the time to really write about my kids like I used to. You will remember how hard it was for me to send Eddie off to Kindergarten, and it was equally hard to send Sophia off, but the experiences have been quite different. I am having to adjust to not having ANY kids with me during the day anymore! It is a really strange feeling.
Staying home with my kids has been one of the greatest gifts of my life. I was blessed to be with my kids through every baby phase, every challenge or new discovery, every fun outing, and watch them grow. I was blessed to do nothing but stay home and play toys together ALL DAY or to take them with me on errands, to teach them things both simple and significant, and to rock them, read to them, and lay them down for every naptime.
Sophia has transitioned to Kindergarten beautifully! The first week she commented on how long the day is, and sometimes she says she gets "tears in her eyes" at lunchtime because she misses me so much. Eddie used to tell me the exact same thing! Breaks my heart!! But she is happy to go each morning, and that has made it easier. The tricky part is now that I am alone during the day, different things will remind me of my kids and things we used to do together and I get SO sad! For example, I was just cleaning out a cupboard and found several items that reminded me of their baby days and I felt that longing in my heart again. I found a receipt for Sophia's pre-walking baby shoes, the Baby Einstein DVD, and the sleep book I used when Eddie was a baby (with my own hand written notes about our daily routine back then!). That is what inspired me to write this post and I will also be going to their school to eat lunch with both of them today so I can just hug them!
There is something about those baby/toddler/preschool days that is so special. I can't really put it into words or truly describe the feelings in my heart, but I will miss it. I am beyond thankful to have the memories of that special time in our lives and I will keep them close to my heart always.



1 comment:
So precious. You are a great Mom, Jen.
Post a Comment