Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sweet Sophia!


My little girl is turning two on Saturday! We have family coming to stay with us this week and we are having a birthday party for her on Saturday, so this might be my only chance to post about it for awhile. Sophia has been such a joy in our lives. She has definitely shown us how different boys and girls are. As a baby, her first noises were high pitched squeals and dramatic sighs compared to Eddie's first sounds being growls and grunts. She is soft and sweet, but at the same time stubborn and opinionated. She is a good mix of being able to play independently and wanting to be held/snuggled. She adores her big brother and wants to do everything he does. She loves books (even more than Eddie did at this age, and I didn't think that was possible!) and anything pertaining to the sky (sun, moon, clouds, stars, the Rocket-ship from Little Einsteins :), etc... ). She can say her ABC's and count to 13 (she always stops at 13, not sure why :)) and she is always singing! She loves to run and try to keep up with her brother and usually (when there aren't interruptions such as teething, sickness, or vacations) she loves to sleep. She is the one who reminds me when it is "time-a-go sweepies" (time to go sleepies). She is just precious and we thank God for her every day. Here are some of the the cute things she is saying these days...

"You OK, (your name here)?" - she will ask herself this or anyone else if she thinks something is wrong or just for a conversation starter. :)
"Hi, Sophia!" - Her other conversation starter
"Pakeeler" - caterpillar
"Soooo pity" - so pretty
"Tickle, Tickle Liddle Dar" - Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
"Nigh-Night, Boys"- she says this to Daddy and Eddie every night before I take her up to bed.
"Blueblee" - blueberry
"Daddy go work?"- when she is wondering where Daddy is.
"I see ____" - she just names off things she sees while we are driving (clouds, airplane, etc.).
"Kay-roo song" - Kangaroo Song. It is her favorite Baby Einstein movie about the sky with a Kangaroo character in it.
"Uh pease" - Up please. I hear this a million times a day.
These are just a few!




4 comments:

Christiana said...

She is oh so precious.

Ashley said...

I really can't believe she's TWO! It goes too fast!! She is precious. Happy birthday sophia AND mom!

Dunhams said...

I love those pictures! It's hard to believe she's already such a big girl! Happy Birthday, sweet Sophia!

The Fesslers said...

Ohhh! I miss her so much! can just hear her saying all her little sayings! I can't believe that she is already 2. I also love the newborn pictures. Too cute. We miss you!
ps. Aubrey also stops counting at 13...