Saturday, July 19, 2008

Swimming Lessons




Eddie just finished his two weeks of swimming lessons and he had a great time. He is now able to swim 10 feet unassisted and he learned other fun tricks like floating, the backstroke, the superman dive, and many others.



Our neighbor and good friend Mandy also enrolled her daughter, Abby, in a swim class right after Eddie's, so we got to visit with them every morning.




The only down side was Sophia and I having to sit in the heat wishing we could cool off in the pool (only people enrolled in a class were allowed in the water). The very first day I spent the entire time chasing after Sophia to keep her from jumping in the water while she fussed and cried. For all the following days, I got smart and strapped her into her stroller and supplied her with yummy snacks and drinks. However, every few minutes she would flash me a disapproving look to let me know she still wasn't happy with me for not letting her swim.



4 comments:

The Fesslers said...

Yeah, a Hoehn bolg!! I am so excited you started one! Good Job Eddie on the swimming lessons. I love the disapproving look Sophia is giving you...I can feel it!

Brooke said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Those swim lessons look like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blog. You picked great pictures, made a great layout, and I love your comments. The only thing is, that you don't mention much about your past, specifically what great parents you must have.
Love,
Daddy

Michelle Hausz said...

Yeah! You put your blog together! We can't wait to have you over so Eddie can practice his swimming!