As soon as I put a couple of items in my cart Sophia announces she is poopy. She has had a little rash since yesterday, so I didn't want her to sit in it. I can't let her walk because she has no shoes on, but I have a few more things I need to grab, so I just hold her in one arm (she is not light!) and push the cart with the other. I try to finish fast and get back to the car. At the car, I start to change her and it is a very messy one!! I open the wipes and there is ONE wipe left!!! There is no way I can clean this up with only one wipe, but I do my best. I go to grab a diaper and there are ZERO diapers in the bag. What?! I knew I had one left, but I later realized the last time we used the bag was at church, so the nursery workers must have put the last diaper on her. I had already put cream on her bottom, so I just had to put her pants back on her. What a mess! We were going to run more errands, but we had to go home instead. I just started laughing as I was driving home. Just a day in the life of a mommy, right?
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
A Day in the Life...
This morning was such a classic example of the daily trials of mommyhood that I had to write it down. The morning started with Eddie being sad about something and me trying everything to cheer him up before school because I never feel good about sending a grumpy child to school! He finally cheered up as we were leaving and after I load the kids in the car I realize my keys are not where they usually are. I quickly search the house and can't find them anywhere! Eddie gets back out of the car to help me look and you will never guess where I found the keys... in the lock outside our front door! I left them in the lock yesterday after coming home from the park. Wow. I guess it is a good thing no burglars showed up at our front door last night. All that was missing was a "Please come rob us!" sign. Anyway, I grab the keys and load Eddie back in the car and we drive to school. I was feeling grateful that we weren't robbed and that I found the keys in time to get Eddie to school on time. As we pull into the parking lot I realize we forgot Eddie's backpack and folder. Oh well. I pull up to the drop off lane and totally rub my tires along the side of the sidewalk right where the teacher is waiting to unload Eddie. The teacher says, "Whoops," and then asks if Eddie has his backpack. Um... no. I am sure this teacher is questioning my mommy credentials, but oh well! So, I drive off with Sophia and we head to the grocery store. Sophia was complaining about her shoes so I took them off in the car. As I put her in the shopping cart I decide not to put her shoes back on because she won't be walking anyway. She was holding her snack and cup, so I didn't bring the diaper bag either. **WARNING** Mommy content ahead! ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
and you would have loved the moment last night when we discovered that Isaac's disposable diaper had exploded and there was poop on the puzzle he was putting together :(
we all survived and even the puzzle (insert sounds of Samuel in the background "I want to see the poop on the puzzle!")
Hang in there!
-Laura
So funny! Don't you just love days like that :)
That was hilarious! I seen your blog back in August- just rambling thru and noticed you had a 10 yr anniversary like i did the same year- then i forgot about it..decided to check again- we have kids about the same age also...so i decided to post! That story was typical! That would be just my luck too! Love all the Halloween pictures too! Cute Family! Thanks for sharing your blog!
Post a Comment