Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sweet and Sassy

Last week, I decided Sophia's hair needed a little trim and I wanted to give it a few long layers as well, so I asked my friends if they had any recommendations for a hair-stylist. Most kids' haircut stores don't offer "styles" (the category "layers" would fall under, I suppose), just plain and simple cuts. My friend's daughter has the cutest little haircut, so I asked her where she had gotten it cut. She told me about Sweet and Sassy, which is a store geared toward little girls (in case you didn't catch on to that by the name). I made sure I got the name of the lady I should ask for, because another one of my friends has had a not-so-great experience at this place with a different hair-stylist. The lady was very nice and listened to my instructions. Sophia was unsure at first, but my well-planned snack was successful in distracting her. She even got to have some glitter in her hair and a flower on her cheek at the end! She was oblivious to both and actually wiped the flower off her cheek before it had a chance to dry, but it was still cute and a fun contrast to the standard boy haircut experience I am used to. :)

"OK, I will sit still, but only because I have this delicious snack."

"The haircut needs to be over now because my snack is gone."

Getting her hair "styled" at the end.

Glitter in her hair

For Sophia, beauty was not worth the itchy cheek.

2 comments:

Christiana said...

1. Why do we have to be under 4 feet tall to get our hair cut at a place with an awesome name like "Sweet and Sassy?" How is that fair?

2. She looks beautiful.

(And sweet. And sassy.)

Dunhams said...

It looks like Sophia had a much better experience than we did there :) Can't wait to see her new do!