Saturday, May 16, 2009

Rainy Day

We love rainy days in Texas because usually it is still warm enough to go outside. Who cares if you get a little wet? This last week we had a day where it rained all morning. We had fun taking walks (staying near the house) when it was just lightly sprinkling and then we would make a mad dash for the house when it started to pour. We did that a few times and then the kids wanted to get really wet, so they put on their bathing suits and played in the backyard in the rain. After they came in, Eddie settled onto the floor with the keyboard and played beautiful music for me while Sophia sat on a towel at the back door singing songs while watching the rain. Then Eddie and I had some light saber fights (an every day occurrence at our house). Eddie told me to put a hoodie towel on my head as my "Jedi robe" and we had epic battles. :)

It was a beautiful morning!


I think this was meant to be an "I'm excited" face, but she got a raindrop in her eye and made it look like she was giving me the stink eye!

Feeling the rain

Serenading Mommy

Sophia was so cute because she didn't know I was listening. She just sat there watching the rain and singing all kinds of songs in her own little world. 

Using her "noculars"

She is so proud of herself when she uses "noculars." She says, "I see you, Mommy!"

In my Jedi robe ready for battle

Do not underestimate my skills with a light saber!

My fierce opponent


2 comments:

Christiana said...

1. Sophia's stink eye picture - HIGH-larious. I wish I could have heard her singing. Preciousness.

2. You have very pretty hair. Especially for a fierce Jedi Knight.

3. Eddie Bear needs to stop growing. And being so cute. Both must stop immediately.

Michele said...

Oh what marvelous fun is going on at your house! How I love playing in the rain. I remember doing it when I was a little girl and when you were a little girl! Your children are adorable and the pictures make me smile. Thank you for posting them. Hugs and kisses to all!