Friday, February 18, 2011

Memorable Moments

I was putting Sophia in bed and she forgot her favorite stuffed animal downstairs. I told her I would wait in her room while she went down to get it. As she was leaving the room, she stopped, turned, and said, "Dont worry, Mommy. Even when you are all alone in your room, God is always with you."


After I finished putting Sophia in bed, Ed came home from work just in time to go in and give her a hug goodnight. When he went in Sophia said, "Sorry Daddy, Mommy already put the rest of me in bed."


Maybe it's because we have a cleaning lady or because I usually do the deep cleaning when the kids are either in bed or at school, but apparently, my kids don't see me deep cleaning very often. This never really occurred to me until today when I was scrubbing the toilet and Sophia came up behind me and said with genuine surprise and admiration, "*gasp*, You're doing it, Mommy!! You're learning how to do it!"


I think it's the cutest thing when Eddie rubs my back, like a little massage. Tonight, when I was saying goodnight to him, he was rubbing my back and asked me if I would wake him up when I was ready to go to bed so he could give me massage before I went to sleep. Oh, how I love my sweet boy!

1 comment:

Christiana said...

So, so precious!

Love that you're recording these here so you'll always have them.

And love that you're "finally" learning to clean a toilet. ;)

[Or really that you have a life that affords you to get that hilarious comment!]