Sunday, February 22, 2009

Comedy Comes in Small Packages

As Ed was tucking Eddie in bed for the night, they had this conversation:
Daddy: "Hey Eddie, would you like to go to a professional hockey game with me tomorrow?"

Eddie: "YEAH!!!! ... Wait, what is that?"

Ed was about to explain when Eddie spoke up again, "Oh! I know! That is when the big men wear ice skates and swing huge golf clubs!"

Ed: "Yes, that is right. They are called hockey sticks."

Eddie: "And they try and get the big black golf ball in the net. I know what it is Dad. I have seen it before."

After Ed finished saying goodnight to Eddie, five minutes later Eddie called for Ed to come back to his room. Ed opened the door and asked Eddie what he needed and Eddie said, "I just want to make sure you and mommy have a light saber fight before you go to bed." :)

Eddie has been playing soccer and really enjoying it. He is still trying to learn the ways of the game and almost scored a goal yesterday (actually he did score one, but for the other team. Oops!). The funny thing is that he keeps referring to the opposing team as "The Bad Guys." 

---------------------------

This morning while we were out to lunch, Sophia was in her high chair when a lady walked by and Sophia waved to her and said, Hi!" The lady commented on how pretty Sophia's dress was and Sophia said, "Thank you." Then the lady said Sophia looked like a princess and Sophia said, "Princess... I like that word."

Due to her brother's influence, Sophia is known to say things like, 
"I am Luke Skywalker." 
"I be the bad guy."
"Want to hold a light saber."
"Go, Spiderman, go! Go to the rescue!"

Some of the ways she says the names of the characters is too cute:
"Green Gob-a-lin"
"Dark Fader"
"Obee Nastanobee" (Obi Wan Kenobi)

She can also hum with precision the theme songs of Ironman, Star Wars, and the "Darth Vader music."

She has also been fascinated lately with how a "caterpiwar" (she says the the "W" sound for her "L" sounds just like Eddie did!) makes a "Coon-coon" and turns into a butterfly!

Many of you know that Sophia likes to "rub/pet" my eyebrows when we are snuggling. She has done it since she was an infant and today she phrased her request really funny. She said, "Mommy, want to hold you for your eyebrows."

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Love the title of your post. So true, so true! Hope the boys had fun at the game.

Christiana said...

So so adorable!

I love that Eddie wanted to make sure you had a light saber fight before you went to bed. He's too cute.

And that Sophia wants you for your eyebrows. Love it. Hey - at least she's honest!

Thanks for sharing.

Christiana said...

Hi.

More blog posts please.

Love.