My plan was to get out my tears last night so that I would be fresh and ready to go this morning. I was successful in keeping my happy/excited face on while we got dressed and ate breakfast. Eddie put on his brave face as well because he has been a little nervous about today. He was quiet as we were walking into school... taking it all in and finding people he recognized. He excitedly entered his room and said "hello" to his teacher. We found his locker and then his seat. He started to color the picture at his desk and soon it was time to say goodbye. As I was leaving he said, "Mommy, I wish you could stay." Oh, if only he knew how much I wished that too... I flashed him one last smile and he said, "Tell Sophia I love her!" as I walked out of the room.
When I picked him up, he seemed happy and comfortable about being there, but he said he had been bored. The teacher warned us that the kids might be bored the first week while they learned the school/classroom procedures and basically how to be a "student." So, I am sure as the weeks go on, he will find it more exciting! I was tearful all morning, but good friends kept me busy with activities and phone calls that helped me through the day. Sophia asked for her brother several times and I have a feeling that she is going to miss him just as much as I am.
I will post an update soon!
4 comments:
Ahhh! I can't believe he is a kindergartner! I was thinking and praying for you guys today. Good job on keeping it together, mom. Sometimes it's so hard to watch them grow up...
He did such a great job! (So did you.) I think he's really going to end up loving school.
And I'm excited for you and Sophia to have some special girl time together at home.
Well done, you.
SLOW DOWN KID! What's the hurry?!
How has his week been so far. Lexi is stll adjusting. She and Belle really miss Texas. Seeing your blog makes me homesick too. Hope he has had a great week.
Post a Comment