Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My precious ones...

lay sleeping in their beds right now and I just had to make a quick note of my heart's aching and overflowing love for them. I just finished the book, Things Pondered by Beth Moore. I picked up the book during my Bible study/quiet time this afternoon and I could not put it down. I haven't read a book in one day since I was a teenager. It was THAT good.

Maybe it is because my baby is heading off to Kindergarten in a couple of weeks and tears literally flood my eyes any time the topic comes up, but lately I have been cherishing my time with my kids with heightened awareness. I could turn this post into a book review on this deeply touching book, but instead I will just say that after I set the book down tonight, I went straight into my kids' rooms and watched them sleep, so peaceful and full of sweetness...

and I wanted time to stand still.

I want to capture their innocence, their curiosity, their frequent and creative displays of affection toward me, their imaginations, their silliness, and just the wonder and beauty of being so little. I want to make it stay forever. But I can't, and it makes me sad.

I am, of course, excited to see what this new chapter in our life will bring, but I will miss this. It's not even over yet and I already miss it! I know that just because he is starting school doesn't mean it is all coming to an end. It will just be different. Our time together will no longer be unlimited and maturity and changes will start to occur. And I know that as time passes (so quickly), I will always look back on this chapter of life as a wondrous treasure that I was blessed and honored to have.

And so, for now, I will continue to cherish our time together and savor the preciousness of my babies.


5 comments:

Michele said...

My precious Sunshine,
Tears are streaming down my cheeks as I remember watching you sleep peacefully 25 years ago. What a wonderful, magical time that was and although each stage has its share of joy and delight, there is nothing that can match those sweet days of innocence.
God bless you, my sweet girl.
I love you,
Your Mommy

Christiana said...

You're a beautiful mother.

I'm so proud of you.

You're raising lovely children.

I'm so proud of them.

And there are so many beautiful, lovely things ahead for all of you.

I can't wait to watch.

I love you.

Dunhams said...

Such a sweet post...and it is SO true that it all goes by too fast! So glad that you're getting to enjoy all of this time before Eddie starts school :)

Julie said...

CRYING!!!! Just read your sister's post about Peace and then checked your blog and read this. I know you know exactly how I'm feeling because you just summed it up perfectly! What a gift these sweet kids are to us!

Bean said...

I had to fight hard to control myself because I didn't want to be "that girl" weeping in her cube at 7 a.m.! Thank you thank you THANK YOU for sharing such a precious slice of motherhood with, well, everyone. Your sweet babies are so blessed to have you for a mommy. :)

Oh, by the way, I found your blog because I am a huge fan of your sister's; actually, I am a huge fan of your sister in general.

Again, thanks for sharing!