Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Worth the Drive







Ed and I are known for finding something we like and sticking to it, especially when it comes to restaurants. :) One of our new favorite weekend activities is to drive to Ft. Worth for mexican food at the amazing Joe T. Garcia's ( http://www.joets.com/ ) and have some other fun along the way. The actual drive is fun because the kids love to point out the sights along the way and some of the time they listen to music with headphones which means Ed and I can talk uninterrupted! We like to stop at the Water Gardens for awhile so that the kids (ok, mommy and daddy too) can climb all over the walls and jump the rocks in and around the fountains. It is a beautiful place to play and relax. Then it's on to Joe T.'s! It is not a high profile, fancy restaurant. In fact, if you weren't REALLY looking for it, you would probably never find it. It is a quaint little place with a lot of character and delicious food! There are only two choices... either a fajita dinner or enchilada dinner (which also comes with a taco). It is served with chips with melted cheddar cheese, guacamole, sour cream, refried beans, and spanish rice. YUM. 

We don't do it every weekend, but it is a family favorite!!

2 comments:

seeking.senkels said...

Hi Jen, I hate I didn't get to see you while I was in TX. My time in Dallas was so short before I headed out to the retreat in Bowie, TX. It was so nice to be back in TX, we really do miss it.

I read your blog about Eddie and Kindergarten. Lexi did go all day when she started and she was very tired in the beginning.

We are not thrilled with everything about Lexi's 1st grade experience so far, and are looking into other options. This school thing is really hard.

My gmail account is the same. Let me know if you don't have it.

seeking.senkels said...

I was going to say that we loved going to the Water Park in Ft. Worth. Joe T.'s was good too. We always enjoyed going to Ft. Worth.