Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Easter was a little more eventful this year with Sophia being potty trained just three days before. Our trip to church and brunch afterward was actually her first time being out and about after learning to use the potty. I am not using diapers on her at all (except for bedtime) so I just packed a couple of extra outfits and off we went! She ended up not having any accidents at all! In fact, except for one on the the day after she was trained, she hasn't had any accidents since. Yay, Sophia!! I will post some cute potty training pictures after I post the Easter pictures.

We colored Easter eggs on Saturday. This is Eddie excited to get started!

Eddie liked learning tricks like writing on the egg with a white crayon before putting it in the color and wrapping rubber bands around the egg to make neat lines on them. Eddie used the rubber band idea to make spider webs on his eggs.


Showing Eddie how to dip it halfway to have a multi-color egg

And he's off! He designed some really great ones.

He made this pastel rainbow egg by dipping portions of it in each color really quickly.

He made this one for me. He put every heart sticker he could find on it because he "loves me so much."

Finished product!

When the kids woke up from their naps they found Easter baskets waiting for them on the counter. I made an Easter snack basket with crackers and yogurt covered raisins in plastic eggs for them to open. After they ate their snacks, they each had an Easter egg hunt all over the house. They had a blast.



Eddie's favorite color is yellow, can you tell?

Eating their Easter snacks

Her grumpy face. She was having trouble opening this egg.

Eating a Peep!

3 comments:

Christiana said...

You have the most beautiful children ever.

I can't believe Sophia is old enough to wear big girl panties, and Eddie is old enough to make designer Easter eggs.

What happened to my babies?!

Mandy said...

Glad you guys had such a fun weekend! The pics are all great and way to go Sophia!!

Dunhams said...

Yay, Sophia!! That's great that she's potty trained! It looks like you guys had a great Easter. I have to ask...where did you find that stuffed Little Einstein's rocket?? Madeline would LOVE it!