Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fun Shoes, Flamingos, and Bubbles

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to accomplish two goals in one shopping trip. The goals were (1.) to get the groceries and other items I needed and (2.) to tire Sophia out with all the walking so that she would nap for me. As I pulled up, I discovered that I had forgotten Sophia's shoes. Well, because it was Wal-Mart, I figured I would just buy her a cheap pair of shoes to walk around the store in. I found these adorable little red shoes for very cheap, so I slipped them on her feet and around the store we went. Most of you know that she loves The Little Einsteins, and she has a book about June's New Shoes. She thinks that these red shoes look just like June's and they are now her favorite pair to wear. I have already posted a picture of the shoes, but I had to take pictures of her after we got dressed this morning. She looked SO cute! I love having a little girl to dress in cute clothes. She sings, "Dancy, Dancy, Dance!" just like June does when she wears these shoes.





Then, this afternoon, my friend/neighbor, Mandy, told me to bring the kids over after naps to see her yard. She had been "flocked," which is actually a fundraiser where someone decorates your yard with flamingos and leaves some goodies for you on your doorstep. Once you put money in the box (as a donation), they come and pick up the flamingos that night. It was fun for the kids to play with all the flamingos. Sophia and Abby just ran around all throughout the birds laughing and jumping for joy! Eddie wasn't as overjoyed, but I did get him to give a flamingo a kiss (his first response to my request was, "Awwwww, Mom!").

Walking to Mandy's house excited to see the "surprise."


Is this a REAL flamingo??

Eddie was more excited about the bubble machine.

Mandy was a devoted bubble blower

Giving the flamingo a hug

Running for joy!

Not sure what's happening here

Eddie catching the bubbles with his tummy

Precious boy

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Boy am I sitting like a lady! YIKES!! Cute pics of the kids. Fun afternoon running around the yard.

Christiana said...

That is such a sweet idea - LOVE the flamingos.

How cute are your children?!

Rebecca said...

cracking up about the shoes. . . Lauren and Aubrey love June too. Very cute shoes, BTW. Did they have them in your size?