I know, I am probably sounding silly right now, but moving to Texas was a MAJOR change for us, and while it still seems so different from the life we led before in the OC, in a way it feels more like home because everything about Sophia has happened here.
My beauty, my angel, my sweet, sweet girl. When I think about how much I love her I get tears in my eyes. Which is funny because that girl is quite a handful. She is stubborn, opinionated, dramatic, strong willed, and did I say stubborn? From the very beginning she has been a girl who knows what she wants and will settle for nothing less. This, of course, causes frequent conflict because she simply can not always have everything she wants or have it done HER way. But that does not deter her from letting you know when she is displeased and just when you think she will back down and mellow out, she doesn't.
She still does not like me to show her how a toy works and I am not allowed to hold the book when I read to her. In fact, I am only able to read as many words as I can get out of my mouth before she decides it is time to turn the page. It has made story-time very challenging. She is a very picky eater and basically sticks to various forms of cheese and carb combinations... pizza, mac n cheese, grilled cheese, quesadillas. She eats some other things, but not consistently. Her famous trick is to try a food, like it, and when I go out and buy her a good supply of it, she decides she does not like it anymore. That is when having a boy who eats anything comes in handy!
Speaking of that boy... Eddie is Sophia's most beloved friend. He is so sweet with her and has mastered the art of playing "rough" with her without actually being "rough." He will chase her but when he catches up to her he will just tickle her or run right by her. So, because she isn't afraid of being tackled, she runs through the house laughing her head off and having the time of her life. They jump together, pillow fight, and tickle on my bed every day. Eddie has taught Sophia the skills of a lightsaber and she has recently become a worthy opponent! Eddie is very careful to only make contact with her lightsaber and not her body, but I can't say the same for Sophia. Eddie is continuously long suffering with her because at any given time she will walk over and pinch him, hit him, or kick him for absolutely no reason at all. I just can't understand it because he is so sweet to her and sometimes she is so mean in return! I guess that is part of the complexity of being female. Despite her little violent outbursts, most of the time, they get along great. They make up silly words together and dissolve into giggles anytime one of them says it and they are basically just always laughing together.
What can I say? She is a complex little girl. She can tell you every Star Wars character, shoot a pretend gun, and loves to play with trucks and motorcyles, but she also loves to sing, dance, play with baby dolls, and dress up like a princess. She may be stubborn and fiesty, but she is also sweet and cuddly. When she gives you a hug or kiss she will grab you with both hands so that there is no escaping (not that you would want to). Approximately every 15 minutes throughout the day she will say, "Mommy, will you come snuggle with me?" She holds her face against mine, strokes my hair, kisses my forehead, rubs her nose against mine, and just completely melts my heart. So sweet and gentle and yet so strong at the same time. That's my Sophia.
And, oh how I love her.
Happy 3rd birthday, princess!!
2 comments:
Beautiful.
She's a treasure.
(So are you.)
I love you both so very much.
What a beautiful, wonderful, and accurate :) description of miss Sophia! Happy Birthday big girl!
Post a Comment