Well, I am sure you can see where I am going with this. We have talked with Eddie about the Lord since he was a baby. We pray together, sing to Jesus together, and read the Bible together. Eddie is a smart cookie, and he caught on quickly to the concepts of the Bible. One night, when Eddie was almost 5 years old, Ed was tucking him into bed, and Eddie announced that he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart. Ed explained what it meant and Eddie was whole-heartedly ready and excited. So, they prayed together! We were blessed and elated that our sweet boy had made up his little mind to receive God's gift of forgiveness and love.
For some reason, the rose declaration for Eddie didn't occur to me until recently, when a friend had a rose on stage for her son after he accepted the Lord. I talked with Eddie about the idea, and he was so excited to be able to declare to the whole church that Jesus was in his heart! So, on February 14th, 2010, Eddie's white rose was the only one in the vase. Our pastor told the church that, "a 6-year-old kindergartner named Eddie had asked Jesus into his heart" and with a huge smile on his face, Eddie jumped up and shot both his fists up into the air like he had just won a big victory. It melted my heart, and I prayed right then and there that my little boy's love for Jesus would always be so important to him that he would never even think twice about declaring it to room full of people.


5 comments:
Grandma has tears in her eyes - she is so happy. What a dear boy you are, Sweet Eddie! Grandpa Steve and I are blessed to know that you love Jesus and have asked him into your heart! God bless you, Eddie Bear!
Jen - how wonderful that Eddie would ask Jesus into his heart at such a young age. That is the prayer of any parent. What a blessing!
That is so precious!!!! I had no idea and I LOVE IT. I am so proud of you, Eddie and will also pray for the fun road ahead when you walk with the Lord.
Oh my goodness, I'm crying all over my keyboard.
I love you, my precious Little Eddie Bear. I'm so glad we'll get to spend eternity together, playing in heaven.
Such a special Valentine's Day.
What a special blog entry. Is there a better day than when our children except that Jesus Christ is their Saviour and ask Him into their sweet little hearts? Conratulations Eddie!
Post a Comment