Friday, February 19, 2010

Snow Day

On Friday, school was cancelled due to the snow and Ed's office was closed as well... party time! We had a whole day to play in the 12 inches of snow outside and we took advantage of it. We went sledding on a hill in our neighborhood, built two snowmen (well, one snow man and one snow-Batman), had snowball fights, and the kids did many more face plants (on purpose! I don't know why they both thought it was so fun, but they would just fall over face first into the snow and come up laughing). At the end of the day, Ed and Eddie built a fort. It was thick and hard packed with snow because it stayed standing an entire week after all the other snow had melted!

The early morning, untouched snow

the overnight snowfall covered up our snowman from the day before!


our snow covered neighborhood

Eddie sledding!


All 3 of us went down together!

we didn't build this, but it was cool. Appropriate for Castle Hills :)

Bob's Big Boy?

Excited for more snow fun

Our snow-Batman


A face plant

building the fort!

I see you, Daddy!

Eddie testing out the tunnel

The snow fort 6 days later!!

2 comments:

Christiana said...

SO FUN!!!!

Oh my goodness gracious - you had so much beautiful snow! And you made SUCH good use of it!!

Lovelovelove it. :)

Dunhams said...

That all looks so fun! I love the creative snowmen in your neighborhood...I bet Eddie LOVED your batman!