Sunday, February 7, 2010

Little Gymnasts

This post has been a long time coming, but I am finally writing about Sophia's gymnastics lessons! She started taking gymnastics with several friends from our neighborhood in September. She has a sweet little group of friends who are all the same age and they have a great time together.

*side note: I love that they will already have established friendships when they start Kindergarten at our neighborhood elementary school (even though that is still a year and a half away).*

Their coach's name is Jeff and he is awesome! He has a difficult task keeping 3-year-olds focused and on task while still making it fun, but he does a great job and the girls love him.

Sophia likes to look over at me every few minutes just to wave or make sure I am watching. She is learning tricks like forward/backward rolls, cartwheels, beam, tricks on the bar, and even practice running toward the vault with a big jump at the end!

These pictures are actually from the first day of class, so that was 6 months ago now! Coach Jeff isn't in these pics, but at least you can still see how adorable the girls are...


straight jumps

practicing the "seat" part of seat jumps

arabesque

Ella, Olivia, and Ava

peek-a-boo

Phia Bear

Holding herself up on the bar. She is working on pullovers and pike swings now.

monkey walk... she was just learning it then

she is a pro at it now!

Good balancing, Livvy!

practicing good posture and balance!

In line for floor-work: Nina, Olivia, Ava, Ava, Abby, and Sophia

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad she loves it. Their class looks fun, and it is full of such sweet little girls!

Christiana said...

Oh my goodness, she is too adorable. And she's already so good - look at her perfect form on her arabesque!

I love it. I wish I could be there to watch her class - but thank you so much for posting the pictures.

It's ~Almost~ like I'm right there.

Tara said...

What an adorable little gymnast!

Dunhams said...

Too cute! It looks like she loves it and she seems like she does such a good job listening and doing everything! So fun!