Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dust of Snow

We knew a storm was coming today, but we didn't know we would wake up with a winter wonderland already upon us! By 7am there was already a few inches of snow, so school was cancelled for the day! Hooray! I was excited to spend a day with BOTH of my sweet kids (like the old days before all this kindergarten business). The kids had a blast playing in the snow. They were fascinated by the fact that they could roll around in it and not get wet and cold. It was cracking me up because they would just fall over and face plant into the snow! They pretended to be polar bears, threw snowballs at each other, and helped me build a snowman.

Oh, and just so that I have it written down... Sophia kept calling her beanie a "beamie." She was proud to wear a "beamie" just like her brother.


excited!

love this girl

snow snack?


being polar bears

sweetness





one of the many face plants


Eddie getting up after a face plant

our snowman


Daddy came home early and tried to build a bigger and better snowman

Then, Eddie's buddy, Ethan, came over for a snowball fight!


The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.

-Robert Frost

2 comments:

Elle said...

Beautiful!
We've played out in snow the last two days but it wasn't any good for snowmen.
I love the faceplants :)

Christiana said...

They are SO cute!

You must have been dying laughing at the face plants - I laugh out loud every time I look at the pictures.

Such a fun day. You're a good Mom to be out there playing with them.

[And your snowman ROCKS.]