Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall

I love the Fall season. I have come to enjoy it even more in Texas than I did in California. The weather begins to cool and the leaves on the trees turn shades of red, orange, yellow, and brown. Today was the first day we had to wear jackets to go and play outside. Yay! Strangely enough, we were wearing tank tops and shorts yesterday. Yesterday, it was above 85 degrees and today it only reached 65 degrees. That is why the saying around here is, "If you don't like the weather, just wait about 10 minutes and it will be different." It is true. It can go from bright and sunny to dark, cloudy, and rainy in 5 minutes and then back to bright and sunny 10 minutes later. It can be calm in the morning and then 20 mph winds in the afternoon. At least it keeps things interesting. Anyway, back to talking about Fall... We have visited the nearby pumpkin patch three times and the kids enjoy taking walks in our neighborhood to see everyone's pumpkins and Fall decorations. I hope you are all enjoying your Fall season as well! 
Our house... Later into Fall, our trees will be completely red.

Our Fall decorations

Sophia was not completely onboard with our "photo-op" idea of sitting on the big pumpkin.

Sliding and bouncing, two of Sophia's favorite things.

Sweet kids

The kids loved climbing in the fire truck.

Happy Fall!

3 comments:

The Fesslers said...

I am so jealous that you are having fall! It has been in the 80's here and doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon. I love the changing trees and the pumpkin patch pictures! I miss you!

Christiana said...

I can't wait to see your beautiful home - all decorated for Fall - in person.

Hurry up, Thanksgiving...

Michele said...

Your home looks lovely for fall! The kids sure seem to enjoy the pumpkin patch; wish we were there with all of you. Enjoy your beautiful fall colors and hopefully we will see you soon.

Love to all,
Mom