Thursday, October 2, 2008

Supercalafragilisticexpialedocious!

 
 Mary-Poppins-mv07.jpg


Today was a momentous occasion more for me than Eddie, but he was excited too. He was feeling a little under the weather today and didn't have much energy, so I thought it would be fun for him to watch a movie. This was exciting for him because we really don't watch movies around here (at least the kids don't). This is only the second movie he has watched straight through (the other one is Cinderella). We decided to watch Mary Poppins and I was pretty excited to see it again (it has been 15 years at least!). I could still sing all the songs and Eddie enjoyed all the make believe elements in the movie.  I don't think he understood the whole plot, but you can't really go wrong with carousel horses coming off the carousel and entering a horse race, dancing penguins, and all sorts of other magic tricks and songs performed by Mary Poppins. It was cute because I told him a nanny is like a baby-sitter so he kept asking me when the mom and dad were going to go on a date!

 I remember loving the movie when I was very little and then understanding more and more of it each time I watched it as I grew older. It was fun to share this special movie with my sweet boy.

1 comment:

Dunhams said...

So fun! I love that movie too :) And...your new blog looks great...love it!!