Friday, October 10, 2008

Silly Story

It is nap-time right now and I just came downstairs after "saving" Eddie. Originally, I tucked him into bed and came downstairs, but after a few minutes I heard Eddie start whimpering and saying, "Mommy?" really quietly through the monitor. I ran up the stairs and when I opened his door I found him in a ball under his covers at the foot of his bed. He was facing the foot of his bed with his face pressed into the corner. He said, "Mommy, I can't find the way out! Everywhere I turn is just more darkness!" I wanted to laugh, but he was really upset by it, so I just comforted him as I crawled under his covers and pulled him out. I laid him on his pillow and after we talked about it, we figured out that he had crawled around the covers until he found the place where his comforter is tucked around the foot of his bed and he thought it was his pillow. That is why he kept trying to find a way out at the foot of his bed instead of turning around and going the other way! My silly boy is happy and asleep now, so all is well again at the Hoehn house. :)

1 comment:

Josh Rush said...

Funny! I actually did the same thing last night :o/

Looking forward to seeing y'all for T-Day - here, there, or wherever!