Sunday, October 5, 2008
My precious boy is 5 today and words can't describe how blessed I am to have him. When Eddie was born, I was the only one of my friends who had a baby, so Eddie and I didn't have "play-dates" because all my friends and family worked during the day. For those first two years, it really was just me and my baby boy together every day learning, exploring, snuggling, and laughing. He was the main focus of my day and I remember doing things like setting up his toys in inventive ways all over the house while he was sleeping so that he would have new things to discover and enjoy when he woke up. We would go on outings to malls and outdoor shopping centers with no stroller (imagine that!) and I would follow him as he explored and we would talk and laugh about what we saw. He had a mini-shopping cart that he would push behind me at the grocery store and I would let him take things off the shelf and put them in his cart. Every Thursday was "Trash Day" and we would spend over an hour each Thursday morning following the trash truck through our condo complex and watching it lift all the trash cans and empty the trash into the truck. We would walk down a big hill with a shaded path behind our condo complex to Starbucks and get drinks together. We moved to Texas right after Eddie turned two and we continued these types of activities together here in Texas, except we were also blessed to meet Michelle and Morgan and begin having play-dates with them.
Eddie is a sweet, considerate, loving, and helpful little boy and he still surprises me every day with the thoughtful things he does or sweet things he says. The first time he ever saw a real rainbow in the sky, he was only three-years-old and he said, "Mommy, I would give you a rainbow if I could." Now that he is older, he is full of life and imagination and makes me laugh all the time. The other day he said, Mommy, I love you like Goliath loved the Philistines!" (what?!). I laughed very hard at his randomness, creativity, and sweetness all in one!
I treasure my little boy and I wish I could stop him from getting big so fast. I thank God every day for blessing me with my little Eddie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
5 years old...I can't believe it has happened so fast! I still remember painting clouds on his nursery walls when you were pregnant. Happy Birthday Eddie, We love you so much!
You need to stop it - I'm sitting here blubbering like a lunatic in my cubicle!
Eddie Bear is the most perfect, precious little boy, and I feel so blessed and honored to be his aunt.
Thank you for making that slideshow - getting to remember all his sweet little faces over the years was such a gift.
Wish we could have been there for his big day. We love you all so much.
<3
Abby hearts Eddie...BIG TIME!
I do too! Happy Birthday big guy.
Happy Birthday, Eddie! Jen that is the sweetest slideshow and post :)
Awe...so sweet. Happy Birthday big boy!
We are so glad we met you guys too! I can't believe how much Eddie looks the same as he did when he was just born! We spent alot of Morgan's 1st year alone too. I wish we would have known you then, we could have kept eachother company!
You're going to make me cry! I remember all those little things like going to follow the trash man, and going down the path to Starbucks, and after seeing those slideshow pictures, the memories flooded back, and I miss those days so much.
His life is so precious, and I think you're lucky to be able to spend every day with that little boy!
Ahhh Jen!! What a great slideshow and message about Eddie!! It is so great that you get to share all of these great memories w/ everyone--I remember when he was so small!! He was such a adorable baby!! And he is just as cute now, of course!
We miss you guys and wish we were able to share in Eddie and Sophia's lives more....Im definetley tearful now!
Love ya all!
Stacy and Rick
Post a Comment