Monday, October 13, 2008

Never Too Big



The other night, Eddie told me that he would be very sad one day when he was "too big" for me to hold him. I said I would really miss being able to pick him up in my arms too, but he would NEVER be too big to sit in my lap. He seemed to be comforted by that thought. Although he did want to clarify, "Even when I am daddy's size?" I assured him that he could still sit on my lap when he was daddy's size. Ed offered his daddy-input by saying, "You will just have to make sure you sit carefully so you don't squish mommy!" That brought giggles, of course.

3 comments:

Dunhams said...

How sweet! My mom always told us that growing up too, and I thought she was crazy until Madeline was born...but now I realize I'm going to be trying to hold her like a baby till she's old :)

A Mills said...

This kind of brought a tear to my eye... I wont lie.

Jen, what an amazing mother you are, and the heart you have for your children is so evident in these posts, its inspiring and moving. This is something THEY will get to read as adults... to read how much their mom loved them and was so proud of their every move... that is what being a mother and a parent really is! What an amazing gift. You truly are an amazing woman, wife, mother and friend. We are all lucky to have you in our lives.

To think of how long you and I have known eachother - and what we have seen eachother through - I know you are proud of me, but I am so proud of you! Im so proud to call you my friend, my love, my horsefeathers.

It seems no matter how old we get, we are still the same hilarious and "most-fun" girls anyone might hope to meet - especially when togetehr and left to our own devices! Cant wait to see what the next thirty years holds. (sniff) I love you.

See you at Christmas?

Barb Ash Millskrotx

A Mills said...

I dont know how the word "krotx" got involved there...