
So, here we go, 7 random things about me:
1. I was born and raised in Southern California. I met my husband in high school shortly after I told the Lord (in my frustration with all the lame boys I had met/dated) that I was DONE with boys for awhile and I just wanted to focus on Him. Because I was determined to be "done" with boys for awhile, I kept telling myself that I was only attracted to Eddie because he was the "new guy" at school. But as it turned out, the day I actually fell for Eddie was the day he told me his testimony. After growing up going to a Christian school, most of the guys at our school either seemed to fake their walk with the Lord or it just seemed forced. Eddie was different because God had really saved him from some horrible things and he was absolutely overflowing with love and passion for the Lord. From that day on, I was hooked.
2. I am allergic to soy. Very random.
3. This is the second time in our marriage we have owned two of the same car. We find something we like, so we get another one! The first time it was Nissan Sentras and now it is Chevy Trailblazers.
4. Ed and I worked at In-N-Out Burger together during high school. We purposely applied at the same store so that we could be together while working. Our manager was nice and always scheduled us to work the same shifts. We ended up both still working there when we got married, but Ed was a store trainer at that point and I worked in the corporate office.
5. I did gymnastics all growing up and I recently went to some adult classes at a gym and I can still do all the flips I could when I was younger!
6. I had an epidural when I gave birth to my first child, Eddie, but I felt that I could have done it naturally if I hadn't been "bullied" by the nurses that I needed to get an epidural RIGHT THEN or it would be HOURS before my next chance. I was already at 7 centimeters and 70% effaced and I wasn't in any pain, but because it was my first time and I was nervous, I got the epidural. I did A LOT of research to prepare myself the second time and I felt much more comfortable with a midwife who actually understands a lot more about the birth process than most doctors do. Your body was designed to give birth by itself without any help from drugs. Of course, emergencies can happen, so the birthcenter where I delivered was conveniently located across the street from a hospital. My second child, Sophia was delivered naturally by a midwife here in Dallas. The healing process was SO much faster the second time. I could go on and on about the wonderful benefits of giving birth naturally, but I won't. But just to clarify... giving birth naturally with a midwife is MUCH different than trying to do it in a hospital where you have to lie in a bed the whole time and put your legs in stirrups for delivery. I know people do it that way too, but the nice thing about a midwife is that she is with you throughout your entire labor (not just arriving to "catch the baby") and they know every trick in the book to make you comfortable during labor. OK, I will stop now.
7. I have a protein pancake for breakfast EVERY DAY. They are amazing. It is just oats, eggs, cottage cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla. You blend it in the blender and then cook it on the stove top like a regular pancake. It is low fat and full of protein and fiber, and I am not hungry again for 4 to 5 hours. Recently, I have been adding ground flaxseed for added nutritional benefits. It doesn't really alter the flavor at all. I used to top my pancake with chocolate chips and whipped cream every morning, but now I have cut back on that and just have a little low sugar syrup on it. I still look forward to it every day because it is so delicious! It is a good way for me to eat eggs, because I don't really care for just plain eggs.
OK, so now I tag Mandy, Michelle, Ashlee, Laura, Brooke, Nikki, and Christine! The links to their blogs are on my friends list. :)
3 comments:
Amen to #6, I totally agree and had very similar things happen to me during my 2 deliveries.
And I gotta ask. . .how much do you miss In N Out now that you're in Texas???
There are no words for how much I miss In-N-Out's burgers and fries. I eat there almost every day whenever we are visiting CA. We have tried every place around Dallas to find as good of a burger as In-N-Out, but I don't think it is possible.
Wow, that first random fact was great. I never knew many of those facts. I've heard Eddie's testimony, but I never knew that it was the reason you fell in love. I think you two make a wonderful couple and I pray that your relationships with the Lord stay strong and true!
P.S. I remember when you worked in In-N-Out stores and in the corporate office!
Post a Comment