Her Aunt Laura sent her this dress. It was handmade and looked precious on her...
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Girly
My little girl loves to be like her brother. She is a pro at making the light saber sound and the sound of Spiderman shooting his web. But at the same time, I am starting to see signs of some "girliness" starting to surface. Lately she has been more interested in baby dolls and she has been pushing her baby in the stroller around the house (she wouldn't even look twice at a baby doll a couple of months ago). She likes to play "house" with her little doll house, although she spends the majority of the time just making the people go potty (the toilet makes a real flushing sound), so technically that isn't very girly, but it IS a good sign that potty training is on the horizon! The main thing that has changed is that she likes to wear "sparkly" things and dresses. Well, first I should mention that she doesn't like to get dressed at all. I have to catch her to put clothes on her, but when I do put a dress on her or something sparkly she gets excited and mentions it to each person she meets. She will ask each person she sees at the grocery store if they like her "sparkly shirt." The first thing she does when I put a dress on her is spin around to see how the skirt moves. It is so cute!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well done, Laura!
Beautiful dress.
And such a beautiful little girly girl.
So fun! And that dress is adorable! Madeline's favorite part of playing with her dollhouse is the toilet too :)
She looks so cute and summery. I like her shoes with it :)
mmm . . summer! It snowed here today! we'll get there eventually :)
It is SCARY how much my Lauren and Sophia are alike. Except mine makes pirate and cannon noises.
She does the same thing when I put a dress on her: "Oh pitty pitty dess!" and swings the skirt.
She also loves to pretend to put on makeup and lotion. So cute.
Post a Comment