Saturday, March 21, 2009

Soccer!

Eddie started soccer last month and he is really enjoying it. His coach does a great job of teaching the kids the game and how to be competitive but still have fun! Eddie has learned a lot and has lots of buddies on the team. 

Funny story: Eddie came home from soccer practice and had dinner and then I put him in bed. As he was praying he said, "Lord, thank you for mommy. She is so beautiful and aggressive." I was laying next to him and I made a very puzzled face as I tried to figure out where that word came from. Toward the end of his prayer I figured it out. His coach must have been teaching the boys how to be "aggressive" and go after the ball, and Eddie, knowing that going after the ball is a good thing, must have thought that being "aggressive" was a good character trait to have, so why not apply it to mommy?! As soon as he said, "Amen," I laughed out loud and asked him if he had heard that word from his Coach today and he said "yes." I explained to him that it can be a good trait to have in sports, but it's not so good as a describing word for mommy. :)

Eddie also started baseball on Saturday! Soccer only has a couple of weeks left, so then he will just have baseball. Eddie is on a "coach pitch" team now, so he is done with "T-ball." Ed already throws the ball to Eddie in the backyard and 9 times out of 10, Eddie hits it over the fence! Home-run! Ed is one of the coaches for the team, so they will have a great time together.

Here are some pictures from his soccer game on Saturday. His team is really good and they have only lost one game. There are 8 boys on the team and 4 boys are in the game at a time, so they rotate groups every 5 minutes or so.

Watching from the bench

Getting some instructions and encouragement from Coach

Ready for the ball

Eddie taking it to the goal!

<
Hussle, Eddie!

The boys celebrate after scoring a goal! So cute.

All the parents make this tunnel for the two teams to walk through and high five each other at the end of the game

Eddie going through the "High Five Tunnel"

Daddy and Eddie playing after the game

3 comments:

Dunhams said...

I love all of the pictures! That's so fun that he's playing soccer now! It seems like he enjoys it, and he looks like a natural out there! I can't wait until Madeline has games for us to go to too :)

Michele said...

Way to go, Eddie! Grandma's very proud of you. Keep up the good work! I sure wish I could see you play your soccer games. I miss you AMD I love you very much.

Hugs and kisses from Grandma Michele!

Christiana said...

Oh my goodness, he is SO adorable!!

Way to go, Sweet Boy! Great job!