Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ladybugs

Ever since Eddie was a toddler he has loved ladybugs. We used to take walks with the sole purpose of finding ladybugs and he would be so excited to hold them, watch them walk, and even bring them home to play! When he was two-years-old he wanted to be a ladybug for Halloween, but Ed put his foot down on his son dressing up like a ladybug. Instead, Eddie chose the closest thing he could think of (a bumblebee), but he still fiercely tried to talk his little girl-friend, Elle, into being a ladybug. Alas, she already had her little heart set on being a butterfly. At least they were insects together!

Last week, Eddie found a ladybug in our backyard and, as always, he immediately went inside, got a tupperware container, filled it with grass and some drops of water (ladybugs need to drink, right?) and put the ladybug inside. He showed the ladybug to Sophia, let her hold it, and they watched it move around together. It brought back a flood of memories of the many encounters with ladybugs I have shared with my sweet boy over the years. They always bring him so much joy. :)

THEN:
Eddie (2-years-old) putting his new friend, ladybug, in his toy car for a ride!

Showing me he can hold the ladybug "gently." Poor ladybug...

Eddie the bumblebee

Elle and Eddie
NOW:

Showing Sophia the ladybug



When he's happy, I'm happy. :)


3 comments:

Michele said...

And when YOU are happy - I'm happy! What a precious family you all are. Tell Eddie that ladybugs have always been Grandma Michele's favorite insect, too!

Squeezes and kisses to all!

Mandy said...

So precious! Love all those pictures.

Christiana said...

Aww, I remember Little Eddie Bear wanting to be a ladybug - and Ed adamantly refusing!

He's such a precious boy, and so sweet to his adorable little sister.

I love your little love bugs.