Sunday, March 29, 2009

Once Upon a Dream

I have mentioned before that my little princess is not known for being very girly. This Snow White dress was worn once for Halloween and has been hanging in the play room ever since. I leave it hanging in plain view hoping that one day she will say, "Mommy, I want to wear my princess dress!" This past week the day finally came. 

One of our favorite music CD's is "The Best of Disney" which includes the best song from each major Disney movie. When the Sleeping Beauty song, "Once Upon a Dream," comes on Sophia and I always hold hands and waltz around the room. The day she decided to wear her princess dress she immediately asked me to play the Sleeping Beauty song and she began dancing around the room. She used dramatic hand motions and sweeping spins and even some kicks and leaps! It was adorable. She represented a good mix of Disney princesses wearing a Snow White dress, dancing to Sleeping Beauty music, and holding on to her Cinderella doll while dancing. 

So, turn the volume up on your computer (because I put the music on my blog), and enjoy the pictures!

Side Note: This happened right after nap time and I hadn't had a chance to brush her hair yet... a post on Sophia's amazing "bedhead" will be coming shortly. :)










5 comments:

Christiana said...

She is too beautiful.

Such a pretty pretty princess.

Mandy said...

So cute. I can just see her twirling around the room. Video tape it too!

Michele said...

What an absolute doll she is! So sweet and coquettish all at the same time. She reminds me of another little girl who would spin and twirl whenever she wore a skirt of any kind. That precious girl now lives forever imprinted on my memory and in my heart.

Grandma Michele sends a hug and kiss to BOTH of my beautiful princesses!

The Fesslers said...

Yay for princess dresses and dancing with mommy! Girls are so fun, and sophia looks so sweet too!

The Fesslers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.