Friday, March 20, 2009

Waves

I put two french braids in Sophia's hair before bed the other night and when she woke up, I took the braids out and she had wavy hair! Two things led me to do this... one is because when she wakes up in the morning she has more tangles in her hair than you could ever imagine. Our routine is when I put her in her highchair for breakfast, I spend most of the time she is eating putting water on the tangles and combing her hair out. I wanted to see if the braids kept her hair from tangling, and they did! The other reason I did it is because I have so many fun memories of my mom french braiding my and my sister's hair before bed and how fun it was to have wavy hair the next day. Sophia didn't really notice her hair was wavy, but it was still a fun change for us! 

Here is my little model:





2 comments:

Christiana said...

She's so beautiful!

Love the waves.

Michele said...

This post brought tears to my eyes as I remembered doing the same thing for you and Christiana! It was so relaxing (for you girls and for me!) to brush and braid your hair before bedtime and it was almost magical to see the lovely wavy hair the next morning. Here's to my beautiful girls and my equally adorable grand daughter. I love you all madly!

Hooray for tradition!